Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sinan Antoon: "When I translate my own material I give myself some more freedom."

Sinan Antoon (*1967) is an Iraqui poet and novelist, who lives in the United States. He writes in Arabic and English and has translated his own poems and novels:
"I write in both languages, so I have poems written in English, in addition to the ones I translate from Arabic myself. My novel is available in English as well and has been translated to five languages."
"When I translate my own material I give myself some more freedom. Meaning since I am the author, I can change a few things if need be."
To read the full interview with Aslı Iğsız, please click here.

No comments:

[CFP] Self-translation in Children's and young adult books

Call for papers: Conference: Self-translation in Children's and young adult books Padua, 13-14 February 2025 Self-translation has only r...